When packing for a trip, I tend to gravitate towards neutral pieces because you only have so much room in your suitcase. You always need to include the basics - a pair of jeans (or jean shorts if you're going tropical), a basic tee or tank, a statement jewelry piece, flats, and some type of jacket or cardigan. For Miami, I started with the following pretty basic pieces, and then added some statement pieces to the mix, since I know we will be hitting the town as well as the beach.
1. Julie Vos Pendant // 2. DVF Wedge Sandal // 3. Tibi Silk Tank // 4. Mara Hoffman Towel // 5. Alice + Olivia Shorts (also here) // 6. DVF Clutch // 7. J.Crew Collection Maxi Dress // 8. J.Crew Denim Shorts // 9. J.Crew Seersucker Bikini Top // 10. J.Crew Seersucker Bikini Bottom // 11. LeeLee Cover Up // 12. Gorjana Bangle // 13. Tory Burch Tote
1. Statement Necklace: I love a long pendant necklace to go over a maxi or little white sun dress. Nothing dresses up an outfit better than this Julie Vos pendant. It would look good with just about any outfit! I just did a major splurge on Julie Vos last week - so worth it. Think gorgeous, gold jewelry with turquoise, agate, and all kinds of pretty stones. Check out her other pieces here!
2. Wedge Sandal: A nude or neutral color wedge sandal is so versatile. I've had my eye on these DVF wedges for a while now. They look amazing with just about anything, and they're super comfortable too. Throw them on with shorts, a dress, or even wear them to the beach, and you're looking way better than if you had on flip flops.
3. Silk Tank: A solid silk tank can go with literally any bottom piece that you have in your suitcase. The great thing about silk is, you can wear it with just about anything. I think Tibi makes the best silk tanks by FAR, and they come in almost any color here.
4. Towel: This one is an obvious pick. If you're going on a beach vacation, you're going to need a towel. I loved this one because I absolutely love how bright and fun the colors are. Anyone would stand out at the beach with this one.
5. White Shorts: I am such a fan of white shorts in the summer.. or anything white really. I just love how fresh and clean it looks on anyone. These shorts are a go-to for me - I love throwing them on with heels and a silk top for a night out.
6. Clutch: I love bringing a statement evening clutch with me because I tend to almost always end up wearing LBD what when going out at night (I know, somewhat boring of me). A bright, fun clutch will really pop when you're wearing a neutral dress or outfit. This one would go perfectly with some metallic heels too...
7. Maxi Dress: I always, always bring a neutral maxi with me when going someplace warm. I love wearing a maxi as a cover-up because I think they make you look so chic at the pool, but then you can also dress them up and wear them out at night. This one is head to toe silk... so gorgeous! They are such a versatile dress, and look great on anyone - yes, even all you petite girls!
8. Denim Cutoffs: I've always been a huge denim fan, and tend to live in jean cutoffs in the summer. I wouldn't suggest wearing theseout to a club, but they're a great day time piece for shopping or just strolling on the beach.
9 & 10. Bikini: This one is a given for any beach vacation... but I'm a huge seersucker fan. So preppy and cute!
11. Cover Up: I've been obsessed with the Lemlem cover-ups for a while now. They're beyond cute and I love the pastel colored stripes on all of their pieces. If you love scarves too, make sure you check theirs out!
12. Bangle: I love how a gold, sparkly bangle looks by itself with a simple outfit. It dresses up any look, plus, the gold looks amazing against a tan.
13. Straw Tote: This is the perfect everyday beach bag. It's big enough to fit all your beach essentials, and the look of the straw is just too cute.
As you can tell, I'm really into neutral, versatile pieces that you can mix and match, and dress up or down (especially when traveling).