Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year, partly because of the weather, and partly because of the fun that football season brings. OSU opening day is this Saturday, and I couldn't be more excited. I am a true Miami grad, but living in Columbus, I'm forced to route for the Buckeyes (I know, it's not alllllll that bad I guess). Below are a few of my essentials for game days. Most items are OSU themed, but you get the general idea. Oh, and if you've never heard of Homage, you're welcome.
tees are a necessity for game days. Homage makes the softest, most comfortable, vintage looking tees, as well as amazing crew neck sweatshirts, and sweatpants for when the weather gets colder. This store is my go-to for any Ohio sport clothing essentials.
2. A good cross-body carryall is a must for game days. No one wants to have to keep track of some large purse or an easily misplaced clutch. One like this Clare Vivier is perfect to hold a small wallet, a couple cosmetics, a phone, and any other needed items. You can find another great, more structured version
3. You never know what kind of weather to expect when out tailgating, so I always have a hat on hand just in case... and sometimes, it's nice to just wear one from the start so there is no hair prep required.
4. A good, warm, comfy scarf is essential for windy, chilly days. This one is all that, plus super stylish!
5. If you're cheering on OSU, you really cannot be without a buckeye necklace. Make sure you also try a real Buckeye at some point - think creamy peanut butter and chocolate. Or make your own
6. I like a sporty, warm coat for the chillier fall days when I'm out and about, and this one is perfect. It's not too bulky, and it also not overly fashionable which is perfect for when all you're wearing is a t-shirt, jeans and sneaks.
7. I never go anywhere without sunnies. They're a necessity anytime you're outside.
8. Football season starts late summer, so t-shirts are perfect at first, but when you start hitting the in-between weather (when its too cold for a tee, too warm for a jacket), a comfy crew neck sweatshirt is the perfect in between item. I like them over sized so that they are extra cozy.
9. One of my favorite drinks for fall weather tailgating, is a hot cider with rum. On this website, they call it a
cocktail. How delicious does that sound? You can fool everyone by making it look like you're drinking hot chocolate with this cool thermos. Another of my favorites is a
. Try them both - you won't be disappointed.
10. Distressed jeans. I love how they look with a vintage tee and flats. You can find a couple other of my favorite pairs
11. Converse chucks. They look amazing with jeans, shorts, dresses, skirts, you name it. Why not wear them for kicking around on game day? These or
are my game day essentials.
12. Fingerless mittens. Your hands stay warm, but you don't have to worry about taking them off to text your buddies. What a great invention right?
What are your game day favorites? Happy tailgaiting!