Because you're never too old (or too healthy) to enjoy a grilled cheese, right!? Sometimes you just need some good, hearty comfort food. These used to be my favorite food when I was a kid - I lived on them. I know, not exactly healthy, but who's all that healthy as a kid anyway?
Anyway, this is the grown up version of the grilled cheese. I like to try and add greens to every meal especially if it's a not-so-healthy type meal, like a grilled cheese. This one is filled with grass-fed mozzarella, homemade pesto, arugula, and gluten free bed. Sounds pretty darn good right? Read on below for the recipe (it's a extremely simple one if you couldn't guess).
- 2 slices gluten-free bread (I like this kind)
- 2 tbsp homemade pesto
- 2-3 slices mozzarella cheese (or any type of cheese you'd like)
- handful of arugula
- pinch of salt & pepper
- Heat a small pan over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread with the ghee (the sides that will touch the pan), and spread the pesto over the two opposite sides of the bread.
- Add the slices of cheese and handful of arugula to the sandwich and put the two pieces of bread together.
- Place in pan and cook each side until lightly brown/crispy.
- Enjoy that ooey, gooey, goodness. YUM!