Pizza. The one thing I can't live without and refuse to cut out of my diet, so I'm always on the hunt to find a healthy alternative if at all possible. I love the idea of the cauliflower crust, but gosh that is a lot more work than I feel like doing sometimes, plus I don't always have cauliflower and parm cheese on hand. I just want a crust that's ready to go that I can throw toppings on and pop in the oven. This crust is literally 3 ingredients and takes two seconds to make. I loved how easy it was and of course how quick it was. Pizzas we're done and on the table within a half hour max.
Pizzas are one of my favorite meals to cook with Nick because it's a meal that we can do together. It's fun to pick the different toppings and create all kinds of different versions. He usually goes heavy on the meat though, and I go heavy on the greens, as you can see from these photos. We love adding truffle oil to pretty much every flavor that we make though - it just takes them up a notch. You don't need many ingredients to make a delicious pizza. Some of my favorites are olive oil, tomato sauce, parm cheese, mozz cheese, sausage, prosciutto, mushrooms, squash, arugula, spinach, truffle oil, and the list could go on and on.
Now let's talk about these pizza crusts. 3 ingredients people. That's IT. And they are ingredients you'll always have on hand, so you can whip them up anytime (that is, as long as you own and/or purchase some coconut flour). Eggs, coconut flour, and any time of milk you have on hand (I used almond of course). This is one of my new favorite recipes, and perfect for a girls night or a stay in date night. The recipe below is for 8 flatbreads/crusts. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 5 large eggs
- 1 & 1/4 cup almond milk (or any milk you have on hand)
- Salt & pepper, oregano & any other spices you'd like to add
- Pizza toppings!
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl until smooth. Let sit for a minute or two to allow the batter to thicken. Batter should be runny enough to pour into the pan though - if it isn't, add slightly more milk.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into a heated, greased skillet. Immediately tilt the pan in all directions to spread the batter around until it is evenly distributed on all sides of the pan.
- When the edges start to curl up, flip the crust over and continue to cook. Continue flipping until both sides are evenly browned.
- Do this with the rest of the batter until all is cooked. The recipe will make about 8 pizza crusts.
- Top the crusts with all your favorite ingredients, throw in the oven on a pizza stone at 450 degrees Fahrenheit, and cook for about 20 minutes or until crispy and bubbling.