Energy balls. I'm not sure if that's what they're actually called usually, but I like to call them that because they're full of good for you ingredients that will boost your energy and hold you over until your next meal. They're the perfect pre-workout snack. They also take about 10 minutes to make max, and you can throw them in your purse for a quick snack during the day.
Almond and cacao are what gives these their flavor. They're sweetened with dates too, so they won't spike your blood sugar. Only 5 easy ingredients and you're done. Feel free to throw in additional nuts or powders or anything you desire. That's what is so great about these - you don't need to stick to a specific recipe. Read on below to make them, and let me know what you think!
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 cups medjool dates
- 2.5 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- Put the almonds in a food processor and process until they are completely crushed up.
- Add the dates and the coconut oil to the food processor, and continue to pulse until its fully mixed.
- Lastly, add the almond butter and cacao to the food processor and continue to blend all ingredients together.
- Take about a tablespoon of the mixture and roll it into a ball. Do this with the rest of the mixture until no more remains.
- Place the balls in the freezer for about an hour. Remove them and store in the fridge in an air tight container. Enjoy!!!
*Adapted from Deliciously Ella