Heavenly is the only word I can use to describe this. It is the most amazing banana bread I think I've ever had, and yet its paleo, refined sugar free, and so perfectly moist. It's also the perfect way to get rid of your old bananas... I have this weird thing about only eating ones that are slightly green, so I end up having a lot of old brown bananas often.
Whenever I bake, I try to substitute gluten free flours and refined sugar substitutes. Coconut flour is one of my favorite ingredients - it makes the best cookies, best pancakes, and now the best banana bread. There is a ton of coconut in this recipe, but you can't even tell. It's really quite healthy to be honest. You could probably have a piece for breakfast if you really wanted...
- 6 large eggs (get organic!)
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (canned)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup ripe, mashed bananas (about 2 bananas)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (or whatever add in you want)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and grease a baking pan (I'd use butter or ghee).
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Another option would be to put them all in a bowl and use a hand mixer.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until when you insert a toothpick it comes out clean. Cool for about 10 minutes and enjoy!
*Adapted from Meaningful Eats