RX Bar: Hands down the cleanest, simplest bar I've found yet. Their tagline is "No B.S" and it's absolutely true. These bars are full of amazing ingredients and come in bunch of different flavors! They contain egg whites for a hefty 21 grams of protein (awesome!), so if you're vegan, I wouldn't recommend this brand. They are gluten free and dairy free though! Another big plus: they carry them at Trader Joes now!
GoMacro Bars: The Macro Bars are my #1. I love that they have a plant based protein blend (12 grams!), and that my favorite flavor uses fair trade chocolate chips! All ingredients are organic, plus they taste like a chewy cookie, hence why these are my favorite bar of them all. They're vegan, gluten free, dairy free, and non-GMO. Pretty much everything you could ever want in a protein bar.
Shanti Bars: I'm kind of obsessed with how unique and different these bars are. They're packed full of superfoods like spirulina, maca, cacao and acai, plus they're raw, paleo, vegan, non-gmo, and 100% organic... pretty much the works. They have a bunch of different "themed" flavors, like "detox", "fat burner", "vitality", which I personally love since I can pick one for whatever mood I'm in or what I specifically need that day.
Amrita Energy Bars: These are similar to the Shanti brand in that they are also packed with superfoods like maca, chia seeds, himalayan salt, and more. I'm not as obsessed with the Amrita flavors like I am the Shanti, but these are a wonderful option for anyone with pretty much any allergy. They are free of most allergens, including gluten, peanuts, dairy, eggs, etc. They're super flavorful and there is added protein, but it can be anywhere from 7 to 15 grams depending on what flavor you buy. These are also great for children!
Kind Bars: These have been through the ringer and back with the FDA claiming they couldn't be stamped "healthy" because they had too much bad fat in them. Luckily, Kind proved the FDA wrong on that one, and these remain one of my absolute go-tos in terms of a snack that's full of healthy fats, some protein, and yumminess! They're a little higher in sugar than I'd like, but they for sure cure my afternoon sweet cravings in a healthier way than most other alternatives.
- Primal Kitchen Dark Chocolate Collagen Bars: I tried these, and though I don't love the consistency, they're a great way to get your collagen (post on that coming soon!)
- Sakara Empower Bars: I haven't tried these, but am dying to!
- This Bar Saves Lives
- Larabar: There are a popular pick, but they're not my favorite, although this flavor sounds pretty incredible (and anti-inflammatory!)
- Cliff Bars: I can't help but love the peanut butter chocolate chip one, but these really aren't all that great for you because of the sugar content. I do splurge and have one occasionally though!
- Perfect Bar: there are some dairy ingredients which I don't love, but these also slip in your greens, like kale and alfalfa.
- Greens Plus Bars: Another superfood bar I'm dying to try. Hopefully they don't taste too green though...