I'm always trying out paleo baking options, because #1, I love to bake, #2, I love sweets, and #3, I really want to eat the healthiest sweets possible! Things like this are near impossible to buy in a grocery store without a ton of additives and unwanted ingredients added to them, so you just have to make your own! Luckily, these little muffins are super simple and quick to make, and they are a great snack or breakfast on the go.
I'll admit... These are not the most attractive muffins you've ever seen, but they're really pretty good and take minimal effort. I don't like to make anything with an extensive ingredient list. I try to stick to 8 ingredients or less. So for you lazy bakers like me, these are the perfect recipe!
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of himalayan salt
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil or ghee
- 2 tbsp almond milk (or other type of dairy free milk)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (or sub 3 tbsp coconut sugar or 1 banana)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and then add in the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Scoop the batter into a mini muffin tin (with liners). You may be able to just grease the muffin tin, but I didn't try that.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until cooked through.