I'm not gonna lie, it's hard to make a creamy, delicious, healthy risotto. This receipe though, defies the odds. Every single ingredient in this is beneficial for your health, plus it's super delicious. The ultimate comfort food. It is also the perfect thing to make on a Sunday night as you'll have leftovers for days to come. The spices combined with the butternut squash are just heavenly. Read on for recipe and directions!
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 cup brown basmati rice
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp olive oil (or coconut oil)
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp coconut milk (full fat - from a can)
- handful of cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. While that is heating, cook the rice according to the package.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into small cubes and place them on a baking tray. Sprinkle them with the olive oil, paprika, rosemary and cinnamon. You can also substitute coconut oil for the olive oil (melt it first though). I think the sweet potatoes taste even better with the coconut oil, but they are a little mushier. Roast the potatoes for about 25-30 minutes or until they are soft.
- After they are cooked, put about two handfuls of the sweet potatoes aside and the rest of them in a food processor or blender (I used a blender). Add the avocado, coconut milk, apple cider vinegar, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper, and juice of the lime and blend until creamy.
- Put the cooked rice into a large bowl and combine it with the creamy sweet potato mash. Next add in the chunks of sweet potato you set aside.
- Top with fresh cilantro and enjoy!