1. I'm a big fan of quick, simple recipes, and being someone who doesn't usually walk in the door until after 8 PM every night, I'll only attempt a recipe that promises to be complete in under an hour. This Roasted Squash, Kale and Sage Quinoa did not disappoint. It was only a few ingredients, super simple to make, and it was done in 45 minutes tops (that is, if you remember to preheat the oven). That, and it is the perfect, healthy, autumn recipe.
2. Wrap coats. They're my item of the season this winter. Every season, I swear I have one item or trend that I just obsess over and buy far too much of. Last spring it was ripped jeans - the boyfriend style, shorts, skinnies, you name it. I really stocked up on my destroyed denim. Last winter it was big, chunky sweaters. I guess that was a good one, since I shouldn't have to buy any new ones this year, although I just keep finding such great new ones to pick up... but I digress. I've been seeing a lot of incredible wrap coats on some of my favorite bloggers like here, and here, but there is just one that I cannot get out of my mind: this Tahari beauty. I could get it in every color, but I am especially in love with the burgundy and cream colors. Although, it's on a major sale at Saks off Fifth in the black color. Use code FFSAVINGS for an extra 40% off too while you're at it!
3. Alright, so let me preface this by saying that I am definitely no chef. My usually dinner consists of some style of eggs and a veggie, or a chicken breast over lettuce, or a smoothie. Booooooring, I know. So when I'm in the middle of some "easy" recipe (see #1 above), and they tell me to "finely chop" a shallot, I immediately panic. Purewow to the rescue. No idea how to chop a pineapple, mango or grapefruit? Purewow covers all of that. They also have you covered for this upcoming holiday season... What would an amateur like me do without this!?
4. I've been trying more and more to switch all my skin care products to all natural, organic products lately. I try to eat that way, so why wouldn't I do the same for my skin? It's scary when you're putting something on your body that has all sorts of ingredients you can't even pronounce! Enter Tata Harper. Tata Harper has completely blown up over the past few months in my opinion. She was killing it in the blogging world, and now she's killing it everywhere - Net-a-Porter and Sephora ever carry her products these days. I ended up picking up her "multi-vitamin" for your face, the Replinishing Nutrient Complex, and good lord am I obsessed. The stuff is incredible - it smells amazing, my skin looks amazing (with products like arnica, jojoba, and rose geranium, how could it not!?), and it has the easiest, no fuss rollerball application. Needless to say, I'm a new Tata Harper lover. Resurfacing mask, you're next!
5. Has anyone else noticed the plant/tree water craze that has been going on lately? It seems like they're making water out of everything these days; maple trees, cactus, and now artichoke!? I've been a fan of coconut water fora while - it has natural electrolytes and tons of potassium (ahem, best hangover cure ever!), but now I'm leaning towards the maple and cactus waters that supposedly offer similar benefits with less sugar. Is it all just a craze? Guess we'll find out!
6. This quite possibly, could be the best resume advice I've ever read, at least for a marketing or more creative job applicant, and it comes from a very credible source. She covers everything here, from what to include, what not to include, what she looks at, and what really, truly works (for most recruiters anyway). Seriously good information - whether or not you're currently looking for a new job or not.