I'm so excited about this post, because I going to talk allllllll about my absolute favorite thing: workout clothes! Athleisure has been my thing lately - I don't know if its the cold weather, but I've been wearing leggings and cozies to work more and more (oops!). Don't even try to argue with me - leggings ARE pants. If you know me at all, you'd know that I'd spend my entire salary on stores like Lululemon, Outdoor Voices, Bandier, Carbon 38 and Kit & Ace if I could. I am all about wearing thick, soft, cashmere blend sweatpants that look so good you can throw them on with flats to travel in.. or a wrap that you can throw on after yoga or wear to work... or super soft, amazingly fitting black leggings that would work for an HIIT class or under boots in public.
This isn't any new trend. Girls have been living in workout clothes/athleisure type clothing for a while now. Why not be comfortable and stylish at the same time!? I'm also really lucky that I don't need to get dressed up for work, so I can get away with a Kit & Ace type look on a daily basis. Below are all my favorites and things on my wish list right now as well as my recos from my current closet - there is a range of pretty much everything from my favorite gym tops, to what I love to lounge in.
- Lululemon Align Pant: I LIVE in these like an embarrassing amount. They are by far the best leggings on the market right now, easily. They're so so soft, hug you perfectly, and are the best weight. I'd recommend sizing down.
- ADAY Throw and Roll Legging: I feel like this brand is a bit of a newcomer, so not many people know about them. They make a gorgeous super unique legging that fits like a dream and looks SO good on.
- Alo Yoga Moto Leggings: THE #1 gym to street staple on the market right now. I love the high rise version - I own both rises, and the high rise tend to stay up much better.
- Kit & Ace Cashmere Sweat Pant: My biggest splurge of the winter, and worth every penny. These are insane. So flattering, so cozy, and so chic.
- Gap: For workout clothes, I really like to invest in my bottoms, and get cheap tops from the Gap. These simple tanks that are super flattering and last. I have two favorite styles: this one, and this one.
- Outdoor Voices Featherweight Tank: I recently discovered this tank and I'm hooked. It's the softest material ever, and it's such a perfect fit.
- Athleta Criss Cross Sweatshirt: I wear sweatshirts on a daily basis - its the first thing I throw on when I get home from work. This one has gotten so much use that I literally need to order a new one soon...
- Kit & Ace Brushed Top: Honestly, I could list the entire Kit & Ace website on here because I love it all, but their Brushed Miskace material is just ridiculously good. It's like a fleece lined tee - but not as heavy as a sweatshirt. I'd take any piece of clothing in this material.
- Nike Air Zoom Strong: I guess I'm a Nike girls through and through, because all my active shoes are Nike. These are what I use for training, and I LOVE them.
- Adidas Ultra Boost: I actually don't own this specific pair (I own an older version), but I am lusting after these so hard. I love my older pair - they are so comfortable and the colors are great.
- Frye Ivy Slip: These are my go-to every day shoes. I saw them a couple weeks ago and had to have them. They are perfect with pretty much everything - you can wear them with dresses, leggings, jeans, you name it. I LOVE these.